Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Patchan Shot

My friend at the Bull Gator mentioned this to me yesterday.

I've said my piece about Matt Patchan's decision to become a Gator. I think it was a mistake and I don't understand how he could have committed to UF. However, nobody deserves getting shot at, especially when it's for no reason.

Patchan has the bullet lodged in his shoulder and the doctors decided not to dig it out. Supposedly he should be back on the field in no time, but who knows. I don't think getting shot anywhere is ever good for football players.

Let's just hope this shooting was incidental and that somebody doesn't have it out for Matt. He should consider himself lucky that the bullet didn't hit him in a worse place. Good luck for his recovery.

2 comments:

The Bull Gator said...

6 inches. That's how far the bullet was from his spine. In medical terms that's a huge distance, but I bet it seems very small to someone who just got shot.

Anonymous said...

He should have been a cane man... It's a shame to see a legacy guy go a rival, but he doesn't deserve to get shot, which I heard was really random...