Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kicking Off Baseball Season

I'm not entirely familiar with much of our UM baseball team, but as a soon to be alum, I have to support all our athletics and give them their due respect. The Canes are ranked 10th by Baseball America and have a solid shot at going to Omaha this year.

I would root hard for them if I were you because they are our best shot at a title in any of our sports for the next couple of years. Everyone else is either in rebuilding mode or has just gone through a firesale.

UM has already started the season by sweeping Cincinnati 3-0, including an impressive 8-0 victory thanks to freshman Chris Hernandez's 6 shutout innings.

If you're like me and need to do your homework on our Canes, I would read Manny Navarro's blog entry on them. It's good stuff if you have the time to finish it all.

No comments: