Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Good Read on the NFL Draft

Just finished reading this ESPN piece on recent teams drafting in the Top 5 in the NFL Draft. Kind of staggering to see how low the success rate is for teams who do poorly and select the supposed best players in college football.

Makes me wonder if the Dolphins are even going to get a chance to trade down at all. The high cost and low success rate of Top 5 picks makes it a difficult decision for teams who want to trade up. Perhaps Miami can trade down and stay in the Top 5. Otherwise, I would expect us to be stuck with the #1 overall.

Funny how 3 months ago I was elated when we clinched this draft spot. Without an elite QB like Carson Palmer on the board, I am not as excited about the pick as I was before I stopped to think about what our options were.

No comments: