Friday, February 1, 2008

Gonzalez Deal Is Close

Three weeks ago I posted an entry regarding the Marlins potentially signing outfielder Luis Gonzalez to help groom some of the younger kids. After a few weeks of spurning our offers, the Sun Sentinel is reporting that Gonzalez has apparently run out of other options and is close to accepting our 1 year, 2 million dollar deal.

Like I said before, I have no interest in who the Marlins sign this year. It's all a joke anyway. I report it only for the sake of reporting it to those of you who might be genuinely interested. The truth is that Marlins have completely lost me as a fan. I'll still follow how they do in the standings out of a masochistic desire to see yet another Miami team finish dead last in it's sport, but I will never pay to see another Marlins game as long as it is owned by Jeffrey Loria.

No comments: