Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dolphins Draft Options

Seeing as how we've all but locked up the #1 overall pick, I thought I might share my thoughts as to what we should do. Rumors have been circling about Jerry Jones' infatuation with Darren McFadden (both being Razorbacks) and his willingness to offer a boatload of picks for him. This on the surface looks like a good idea except that Dallas would be able to offer only two late first round picks in addition to later picks on day 1. I'm not sure if the value chart says that would be a good offer for the #1 overall. Now, if we can nab an extra 1st next year too, then I'd be for this. We need talent, but one elite star isn't going to make or break this team. We aren't the Vikings.

It's pretty obvious then, that trading down is the best option. In this year's draft, we are unlucky enough that there isn't any one guy people are drooling about with maybe the exception of McFadden. If we weren't able to find a decent trade partner, our options would probably be Chris Long DE from UVA, Jake Long OT from Michigan, or Glenn Dorsey DT from LSU. From what I've seen, you can't go wrong with any. Judging from the improved performance of the OL this year though (relatively speaking, they still need help), I'd say help on the DL is most important and Dorsey looks like a monster if he can stay healthy.

No comments: