Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tebow wins Heisman

Despite my temptation to, I'll try really hard not to use one my preferred nicknames for Tim and instead just give him his due credit. Anyhow, Tim Tebow wins the Heisman, making it the 3rd QB to win it for the Gators. Personally I hate the guy, but that being said I'd rather have him at QB than other recent disappointments at UM. I don't project him to be much of an impact player at the next level seeing as how Urban Crier's offense (oops did I use a nickname?), while gimmicky, is still highly effective and lets Tebow throw to open receivers consistently. I'd like to see him try his QB draws against an NFL front 7. Regardless, he had a record-breaking season, and probably deserved to win in a year where there weren't that many spectacular candidates (Kevin Smith anyone?).

My only hope now is that somehow the Canes find a way to spy Allen Bailey on him next year because I really am not willing to accept a loss to UF anytime soon.

No comments: