Sunday, December 30, 2007

Parcells to Fire Mueller, Cameron Next?

We all knew this was coming, but Chris Mortensen reported that tomorrow, Randy Mueller will get the ax. I've previously said that I like the decisiveness of this move. I don't want a lame duck GM in the April draft. I don't care if the guy is "auditioning" for another front office position. I don't want some guy who will be gone in the morning determining the future of this football team.

Honestly, I don't know who is worth bringing it to take the role of GM anymore. We hear stuff about the former Green Bay GM or the Dallas GM, but thats all speculation for now. My pipe dream of course would be Scott Pioli, but we would probably have to forfeit both our games versus the Patriots next year in exchange to pry him away.

Aside from Mueller, Parcells is expected to clean house, including Cam Cameron and the coaching staff. Personally I have no preference as to whether or not Cam deserves to stay. Good coaches have had bad years, but he hasn't proven a thing to me. If he's gone, so be it. Just make sure you don't screw up again. This team hasn't had a competent coach in ages and it's about time we bring in a guy who can take this team to a Super Bowl. It'll be a long road, that's for sure.

No comments: