Saturday, December 8, 2007

Heat-Warriors

Though this is my first post, I figure I'll keep the introductions to a minimum. Most likely it will take some time (if ever) for any considerable amount of people to have exposure to the blog, so I'll just roll with it as if the blog has been around. I hope this to be an enjoyable experiment for all of us. My purpose is to provide a voice for which the fans of Miami sports can connect with, unfiltered and unbiased, and without an ax to grind. Too often do we see journalists and mainstream media spew out nonsense, primarily those who cover a national topic yet consider themselves (erroneously) knowledgeable about local sports at every level.

Anyway, I'm catching the end of the Heat-Warriors game tonight and for once I actually like what I see. Not sure if Shaq playing on 20 minutes through 3.5 quarters has anything to do with his earlier demands for the ball (only taken 6 shots as of this being written). It's probably got more to do with the small ball working well with Dorell hustling like a maniac for loose balls and tips, with Wade finally showing some of his old prowess.

Riles seems to finally get it: Cook NEEDS playing time, and as disappointing as Wright has been, games like tonight show why we can't give up on him yet. And frankly, at 4-14 what else do you have to lose. I mean really, does starting Penny freakin Hardaway make us any more or less formidable? Hopefully the Heat don't blow this as they've been prone to do of late thanks to awful FT shooting.

EDIT: Well they blew it. Shaq played 21 minutes in a small ball game, but perhaps his presence would have slowed down the pace a bit and forced the Warriors to play at our tempo. Tough loss.

No comments: