Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Heat Lose to Knicks

Well, at least they are making it interesting. Pat Riley was quoted after the game that he believes the team is hustling and working hard despite the lowly record. After tonight's 91-88 defeat to New York, Miami has opened up a comfortable 3 game lead over Minnesota for the worst record in the NBA. The loss marks the 33rd in 36 contests. I think with 19 games to go, it would be a good bet to say Miami won't win more than 3 of them, which is to say, we've pretty much clinched the most ping pong balls.

Tonight's loss really doesn't need any analysis. Miami was without half it's team, as usual, and featured the ultra-talented Bobby Jones for 20 minutes. Daequan Cook continued the struggles he experienced in the 2nd half against the Clippers, but remains a potent option from the 3 point line. Ricky Davis loves the limelight on losing teams, as he dropped 20 or more for the 3rd consecutive game, all losses.

The guy I wonder about is Shawn Marion. How does he manage to hustle his way to 15 points and 17 boards (after 17 and 17 against LA) for this team? He must really like being away from Phoenix. I know I wouldn't be playing my very best on a sinking ship. I would try, but there is no way I would put forth my all like he does. Big kudos to the Matrix for his energy through these rough times in Miami.

No comments: