Friday, March 28, 2008

Noles QB Battle

Even with Xavier Lee having left the program, Drew Weatherford isn't out of the woods yet. The embattled QB is facing a long recovery from knee surgery and will miss the rest of Spring practice. In his place Christian Ponder has done pretty well, leading the team to 5 TDs in 12 attempts in a recent redzone drill. Considering the Seminoles' struggles in the redzone of late, I would have to guess fans will be happy with this.

The truth is that FSU is in the same boat as the Canes are on offense. We will hear all the right things being said in the Spring, but none of it matters until the players line up in Week 1 of the regular season. I heard great things last year from the Canes' camp, but look how that turned out. I won't believe anything until I see it with my very own eyes.

No comments: