Monday, April 28, 2008

Dolphins Draft Recap

I wish I could tell you I knew anything about any of our Day 2 picks, but I don't. I had never heard of any of them, and I follow college football pretty closely. Those types of drafts are ones I get apprehensive about, because we are putting our full faith in the front office. Unfortunately it looks like we have no other choice at this point.

From what I've read, it seems like they got some decent value out of the 6th round Guard and the 7th round DT they picked. The 3rd and 4th round picks were viewed as reaches by some. I don't really care either way, as long as 60% of the guys we picked end up being contributers. People don't realize sometimes that the draft is such a crapshoot and that having that sort of success rate is enviable. Hopefully they made the right decisions, because I can't even begin to assign them a grade.

I didn't like the fact we didn't draft a WR or a CB, but I guess they felt that there wasn't much available that would make this team that much better. Building on the lines is as good a place to start as any. That makes the most sense and we just have to pray that it'll work out.

No comments: