Friday, April 25, 2008

Mock Draft

I don't have the time or expertise to do a 1st round mock draft, but I would like to throw out my opinion of what the Fins will be doing tomorrow and Sunday.

1st round: Jake Long has been drafted.

2nd round: I would like to think they would go with Quentin Groves or Lawrence Jackson. The entire mock draft goes to hell if the Dolphins trade Jason Taylor for an extra pick. Let's just assume here that they don't trade JT. I would still take a DE/OLB over a QB.

2nd round: Now I would consider a QB. If Henne is still available, then count your blessings and take him. If not, I think the pick is Sims the DT from Auburn

3rd round: Fred Davis, TE from USC. We need a dynamic playmaker here. Davis is one of the best prospects at his position. TE might be a luxury, but I still like it.

4th round: Mario Manningham slips a couple of rounds due to poor interviews and a god-awful 6 on the Wonderlic.

6th round: Chad Rinehart, OG Northern Iowa. We need another body on the line to compete. Rinehart has the size Parcells likes, but is from a small school so this could be a project

6th round: Jonathan Zenon, CB LSU. We could also go with Sharpe with this pick, or a smaller guy like Justin Tryon from ASU.

7th round: J (thats his name) Leman, Illinois ILB. Big linebacker who plays football well but isn't a great athlete.

7th round: Tommy Blake, DE, TCU. Supposedly there are some issues with his mental condition, but Blake has the measurables and the motor to take a chance on this late in the draft.

No comments: