Monday, April 28, 2008

Undrafted Canes

Miami didn't do too well on the second day of the draft this year. Besides Tavares Gooden to the Ravens in the 3rd, nobody else got drafted. I was hoping that someone would take a flier on Darnell Jenkins or Derrick Morse, but I guess neither were seen as draftable prospects. Regardless, a handful of players from UM were signed to free agent contracts.

Kyle Wright to the Vikings. Nice pickup for them. If he gets brainwashed into playing better he isn't much worse than Tarvaris Jackson.

Lance Leggett to the Browns. Don't see why they would go here after they signed Ryan Moore last season with no success.

Darnell Jenkins to the Texans. Nice move by the Texans, who at some point need to find a complement to Andre Johnson.

Glenn Sharpe to the Falcons. Sharpe has many of the physical tools to play at the next level but his injury history is a huge red flag.

The Herald is reporting that Vegas Franklin was invited to a camp by the Bucs.

3 comments:

The Bull Gator said...

So I will admit I don't like too many Canes, but Sharpe is one of the select few. And I think he could do well if he lives up to what he could've been. He's my current Geno Hayes. I HATE Hayes, and I merely don't like Sharpe. But I think both could be good pro players if they finally take the time and display the talent we all now they can.

The Bull Gator said...

Not a Leggett fan obviously, but I can see the thinking here. The Browns need a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th WR. Why not take a chance? Every so often there's a player who wasn't great in college, but makes an NFL career for himself.

Anonymous said...

The Browns have a history of having Canes in camp. Ryan Moore, Kellen Winslow, Kenard Lang, James Jackson, Andre King, Tyrone Moss and Ken Dorsey. So Leggett is not a surprise. If there are anymore Canes I missed, sorry. I just thought of these off the top of my head.