Saturday, April 26, 2008

Guys I Want

There are plenty of players available that I would like to take a look at.


For our 2nd round pick I would like to see if either Limas Sweed or DeSean Jackson slip far enough to draft. I especially am interested in Sweed. Getting Henne or Brohm would be interesting, but I don't really want one of those two QBs today.

Fred Davis and Jamaal Charles would be nice picks in the 2nd or 3rd round. I doubt we'll go after Davis because we just traded for Fasano, but who knows. They might end up going after a DT in Pat Sims or maybe go inside linebacker with Dan Connor or Tavares Gooden. Both of those guys are decent players but I'm not entirely sure they fit the system.

Corner would be a nice pick in the 2nd-3rd round area. I like Justin King, Reggie Smith, or Terrell Thomas. Granted they are all big school guys, but I've seen enough of the latter two to feel comfortable with them as picks. King is a risk because he hasn't lived up to his 5-star potential, but might be worth it if you fear a CB run.

I would actually like to see us go after Dennis Dixon in the 6th round if he is available. It's not much of a risk that late in the draft and he has a lot of upside. Glenn Sharpe wouldn't be a bad move either. He's been rated as having Day 1 talent but there are injury and consistency concerns.

I don't know about Malcolm Kelly or Mario Manningham. Both were excellent college guys, but have some red flags. If the latter is available in the 4th round, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dolphins draft him for his upside though. I would also take a look at the big target from Louisville, Mario Urrutia in the 6th or 7th round.


No comments: