Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Somehow Canes Remain #1

I guess the pollsters were more impressed by our series sweep of #10 GT than I was. Frankly, I was pretty certain that the loss to FAU would drop us out of the top spot in the country, but most polls kept us at #1 with FSU in at #2.

That leads up to this weekend's monster series at Tally against the Noles. Like I said before, this matchup will be Miami's first true test of the season. They've played some very good ballclubs, losing only 3 games all season. However, FSU is an elite team and presents a major challenge for the Canes.

In terms of predictions, I couldn't tell you what I think. I don't follow college baseball all that often outside of the Canes and the CWS, so I don't know how we fare against the Seminoles. What I do know is that the Miami lineup is ridiculously balanced and the pitching staff is excellent when it is at its best. That should be enough to win a series against anybody, even the #2 team in the country.

Before that though, the Canes have to stick it to the Owls. The Noles series is important to me, but I am not comfortable knowing we lost to freaking FAU.

No comments: