Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Late Night Recruiting

Before I work on my thoughts on the UNC game, there are a couple of things from recruiting circles I thought I'd mention.

First off, there is a rumor that PJ has officially been denied admission to LSU. The story is up on Rivals, so while there is definitely smoke, it remains to be seen if there is fire. I wouldn't doubt it though. Looks like sneaky PJ will have to go the JUCO or prep school route. I suppose in his case he'll enjoy playing the games for another year before he chooses another school. Hopefully he will mature over that time.

Some suggested he might have already contacted Randy Shannon about returning to the Canes' class, but I doubt that has happened and if it did, there's no way that Shannon would let him back in at this point, barring an extremely short leash on Johnson.

Then there are the rumors that another stud player hasn't been able to enroll. Unfortunately that one is solid commit Aldarius Johnson. The other 3 MNW players are in, but neither Johnson nor Jordan Futch were able to get in early. However, sources are saying that Johnson should be in tomorrow, so we shouldn't be worried Canes tonight. Futch will have to enroll in Summer classes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, keep up the good work.