Thursday, January 17, 2008

Canes Find a DC

The wait is over for the previously vacant defensive coordinator position at UM. As many of you probably know by now, Randy Shannon hired Kansas defensive coordinator Bill Young.

To tell you the truth, I know nothing about Bill Young. All I know is that somehow he had Kansas' defense do things that our superior talent could not. His resume is long and impressive. So is his attitude: "I wanted a challenge". He'll definitely get it with this backwards team and he can look forward to gameplanning for Tebow and Harvin in September.

Hopefully with that matter settled, the staff can focus 100% on cleaning up the last 3 weeks of recruiting. It is imperative they get the likes of Brandon Harris, Benjamin Jones, Corey Liuget, and TJ Bryant. No screwing around. Every player we can get is one player closer to being back on top.

I'm tired of seeing UF in the top 10 every year now. I'm tired of the naysayers and doomsday attitude around this football team. I would kill for a national title right about now. I still haven't washed the taste out of my mouth from the Fiasco Bowl.

No comments: