Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lerentee McCray Commits to UF

This is no surprise to anyone who followed recruiting this year. When McCray committed to the Canes, many suggested that commitment wouldn't stick because he plays in a Gator pipeline area.

Eventually, McCray looked around too much with eager eyes and his scholarship was yanked by the coaching staff. Lerentee took too many visits after it was decided he wasn't supposed to take any more. Supposedly the guy was heartbroken by the decision to pull the schollie.

In the end, the predictions were true: Lerentee will be a Gator. It's funny how some people can see through it all. I'll never understand the concept of commitment in the minds of these kids who end up switching teams or looking around for a "better" opportunity.

I'm not suggesting Lerentee is a bad guy. Heck if I were him and angry with the UM coaching staff, I would probably commit to a rival too just to spite them. However, I am me and I'd rather go to BFE School for the Blind and Deaf before I go to UF. If he really was that solid to the U, he wouldn't have been visiting so many schools. His defection is understandable though. Unless there's something I don't know, he didn't pull a fast one like PJ did.

No comments: