Friday, January 11, 2008

Tomas Vokoun Makes All-Star Game

Yes, it's a Panthers story. I haven't written about them in over a month because frankly, I don't really watch the games (I'm not even sure where to find them half the time) and I don't feel like writing recaps based solely on box scores.

Anyway, the guy we brought in to replace Roberto Luongo has made the All-Star game as a reserve. Vokoun has faced the most shots in the NHL and has held his own with a .918 save percentage. No other Panthers made the team.

As far as the standings are concerned, the Panthers are lucky they are in such a weak division. They hover around the 10th and 11th seeds, but are only a 3-4 game win streak from jumping to the 3rd seed. With any consistency or influx of talent (unlikely, I know), this team could make the playoffs.

However, I don't think they are anywhere near being able to make an impact in the postseason. From what I hear about management and ownership, they really won't be doing much to help the situation either. Oh well. At least we'll always have the 96 season?

No comments: