Monday, January 14, 2008

A Few Site Changes...

I decided to make a few small changes to the blog to make things easier for all of us. First off, I did separate stories of UM alumni in the NFL and current or prospective UM football players. Over 70% of you felt that it was better to have that separate NFL U section. Thanks to all of those who voted.

Secondly, I feel that though I have no allegiance nor love for the FSU or UF programs, I understand that there are thousands of their alumni in South Florida. Therefore, I have been reporting relevant news about those two football programs, especially if it has some impact on the Miami program, which it almost always does.

You can find stories about them and a selection of other broad topics I occasionally cover when necessary in the Other Topics section underneath the more visible Featured Topics.

Finally, I intend to start a daily (or weekly, haven't decided yet) post on the state of Miami sports. Besides obviously being the name of the blog itself, I feel that the blog's purpose is to report the status of Miami sports, our teams' success (or lack thereof), and their portrayal by the national and local media.

I like reporting the news and doing recaps, but my original intention was to write more opinionated columns than anything. I'll continue doing the former of course, but I want to provide something unique in addition. Expect more long-winded rants about our current teams and nostalgic pieces about some memories that I undoubtedly share with many of you.

I'll try to add more videos and evaluations as I go, particularly of incoming Canes recruits seeing as how UM recruiting is the primary driver of traffic to the blog. Let me know if you guys have any other suggestions in the comments, or feel free to e-mail me. Thanks.

No comments: